10 POWERFUL WAYS TO BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE
Sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it. Yes, this is one of the most empowering quotes from We Bought A Zoo ….. And it’s beautiful because it’s so damn true.
We need to take risks sometimes. Because the one thing that’s holding us back from pursuing our dreams is the fail of failure and the lack of confidence that is needed to overcome that fear. How do you stop questioning yourself and switch off your self-doubt? By practicing confidence, one baby step at the time. It’s time to become a more confident you.
1. Set a small goal and achieve it. Whatever you do, begin small. Many often make the mistake to take a giant leap, fail and feel discouraged. Instead, set a small goal and celebrate your success. The more goals you achieve, the better you feel. After a few small successes, you’ll feel confident enough to set a bigger goal.
2. Meet new people. The next time you’re on a birthday of a dear friend, don’t stick to the people you already know but get to know new people. You never know what (or who) you’ll discover.
3. Do one thing that scares you every day. Get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable! The best way to overcome fear is to face it. So, it’s time to get out of your comfort zone and beat them. You’ll gain confidence from every (tiny) experience.
4. Groom yourself. Wear red lipstick (according to research the color is most associated with passion, confidence, and energy), book a nail treatment, treat yourself to a new haircut or buy a new dress. It’s amazing how much a small change can make for your self-image and mood.
5. Be your own cheerleader. Recognize your achievements and celebrate them. Look at a recent success and give yourself credit for it. It’s not an ego-thing, it’s healthy.
6. Flirt. It’s pretty much harmless, it’s fun and it’s a total confidence booster. Women in particular benefit from flirting: according to a recent study, female flirtation is perceived as confidence.
7. Help someone. Ask a friend or a complete stranger what you can do for them today. It will make you feel good and you get the chance to get out of your own head.
8. Learn a new skill. Sign up for that evening class! Tackle a language, try a new sport or sign up for a course. Learning something new is a good thing, it fuels our creativity and wakes you up. No excuses: there are loads of free courses online – it’s never been easier to learn something new.
9. Ask your friends. For advice and encouragement. Why not ask them to write one thing down they love about you?
10. Observe. Look at people you respect and who seem to be pretty confident. What is it they do differently and how can you learn from this?